Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sushi Night

I don't know if its the rainy weather or just the time of year or my desires have changed, but I find that things are a little more quiet lately.  We've had more days at home and less days running here and there.  We haven't had too many places to be or even things to do.  It's been nice.  I'm enjoying the time with my boys and the extra time to play with them while they still want mommy to play!

The slower pace of life has crept into our weekends as well. This last Saturday was open with the evening set aside for time at a friends house.  I think it was the 3rd open Saturday this month, that never happens.  Sunday was also wide open and we took it just to relax!  We had thought about going out to lunch, but instead chose to come home and see what could be made up for lunch with the few leftovers needing to be cleaned out. (it was an interesting lunch!)  The afternoon was then spent resting, reading, catching up on computer projects for Jared, playing with Thomas and napping for Benjamin.  We even got in an afternoon walk.  Thomas went for his first mile long bike ride and did fantastic!!  We had planned to go out for dinner, but decided we would just rather continue our nice time together at home.  
So we splurged for take out Sushi!!

Now, with this time at home I have spent a good deal of it finding inspiration on Pinterest, but you must know that I am by no means always doing creative and inspired things for my family and with the kids.  They are few.  Somehow they just always end up on the blog creating the appearance that we are way more creative then we really are!  So remember that as I tell you about the sushi I made for the boys!!

While Jared was out picking up our Sushi Rolls, I made the boys their own.  
I rolled out 2 pieces of sandwich bread with the roller, after cutting off the crust.
Then spread one with peanut butter and the other with jelly.
Then rolled them up and sliced them into bite size pieces,
creating pb rolls and jelly rolls!

I then pulled out our sushi plates and dipping bowls 
and even chopsticks for the boys.

They used yogurt smoothies for dip!
They were a huge hit and gone in seconds!

The evening was finished off with some card games (thomas is becoming quite the card shark when it comes to Go Fish), a story and a daddy/thomas sonic video game.
What a blessing it is to have these special little days.  Unplanned family bonding are special memories I hope to give my wonderful little family.

No comments: