Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Two Nice Shiners





Yep, those are two black eyes!

What happened you ask?

Well, to put in Thomas' words, "I got in a fight with the futon and the futon won!"

Yes, that is his exact response. He heard me say that to my dad and has said it ever since. He has people laughing.

So here is the full story. I'm making lunch, Thomas is watching a show on the said futon. All of the sudden I hear a crash, silence and then a scream. I went running over and you could already see the swelling starting and the bruise forming. He calmed down surprisingly fast and then began to scream again when I made him put frozen peas on it. From what I can tell, and knowing my son, he had tried to superman fly across the futon and landed with a thin pillow's edge between him and the edge of the wooden arm rest. Now, mind you, this was his first jump. He knows better to jump and I would have stopped this had I heard it begin. Being the kind and loving mother, as soon as I realized there was no blood, I calmly reminded him that this was exactly why he's not suppose to jump on furniture. I know...

I did take him to the dr's and no he actually didn't break it. It's gotten pretty ugly and really the pictures don't do it justice. It's been a week now and looking pretty good. It was definitely at it's worst on Easter which you can see in a later post. He loves to tell the story, especially when people react. We've gotten quite a few funny reactions. The best was a friend asking Thomas if he had had his face painted, being serious and not knowing he had fallen.

Here is Thomas the evening of his accident explaining what had happened


No comments: