Friday, July 2, 2010

Less than a week!!

What your body goes through in the days before delivery is almost cruel!! I don't remember feeling this way with Thomas and I praise the Lord for that. My back is sore, especially in the morning. This I blame on the fact that I am a tummy sleeper, which is not anywhere near possible. Leaves my hips bent out of shape. I'm also doing something weird with my arms, leaving my upper back miserable as well. This little boy, bless his heart, has found the lower half of my uterus the most comfortable. This means he is pushing against my hips, squishing my bladder like it's a squishy ball, and has somehow figured out to kick my butt from the inside!!

Then there are the crazy hormones. The ones that make you cranky beyond all recognition or feel like crying. The other day I was sent into a tizzy because Jared didn't eat a bowl of cereal with me. Really?! I then spent the rest of the day worried about what life would be like with another child in the house. Then felt even worse about that because I realized I hadn't spent much time pondering that idea at all. This poor baby, who had remained nameless for most of his life, wasn't dreamt about like Thomas was. That I still feel a little guilty for!! Praying the Lord will fill me with joy and happiness when I see him face to face for the first time.

Then, the second thoughts of a C-section have kicked in. Maybe I should just try? Did I give up too soon? This might be my last pregnancy, do I really want to just give up? Then I remember this decision was made carefully with lots of thought and prayer... but still....

See, so much going on in this body as we get down to days away from delivery.

They haven't been all bad. Today I'm praising the Lord for my sweet, sweet three year old. With all this lack of energy (didn't even go there yet!!), we've been spending more time at home. Today was a sweet gift from God of sweet, silly memories with Thomas. We spent almost an hour on my bed just cracking up. He decided we needed to take a morning nap, which was just his way of asking for snuggles, tickling and for him to hide under the sheets. It was truly a precious time. He had me cracking up as he was just a silly boy. He was laughing his wonderful belly laugh at his own silliness and even a little of mine. It was a time of just enjoying life just the two of us. This baby will be loved and welcomed and a joy to our family, but it was great to have some sweet time with my oldest. Our days will be very different, very soon!

Please continue to pray for our little family as life is getting ready to change. That we would rejoice in the changes, be patient with one another and find joy in the little things. Even in the midnight feedings and poppy diapers.

1 comment: