Friday, March 19, 2010

Baby Room Sneak-Peak

So nursery renovation has begun!! As I mentioned awhile ago, it was serving as the catch all, playroom and t's old baby stuff. Well last week I got a little ancy and decided it was time for it to get ready for the baby (for those of you doing the math, yes, I am just barely halfway... there was no hurry in this at all). My rationale was that I didn't want Thomas to loose his playroom for the baby, I didn't want any resentment there. Also, I wanted to see what we had so I would know what we need. So, we moved out all the toys and put them in his room. He is loving it!! Me, not so much, it now means the mess is in his room. That's not so great at bedtime. And, now that we know what we have, it saves us lots of money. I've been seeing all sorts of things I was convinced this new baby "needed." I now know that there is very little that this little one needs!!

So, in the room now, it looks like we're almost ready for July!! He has his new bumper out and ready for him. I picked it up at the sale for $15, they are still selling it at Target for around $70!!

We also cleared out the closet and have it organized with the necessary stuff and very little stuff that just needs storing. It really helped get the whole house organized!! (Another reason to get the room ready early!)

Friday, I crawled up in the attic. I hate the attic!! It's dark, musty and just plain scary. Also, the ladder doesn't work so well, not really the safest place for me to be with Jared at work and being pregnant. Well, I had to get the clothes down, so I had to get up there (I think this would be considered nesting?!) So, I prayed my way up and down and got down everything up to 6months old, got everything 0-3 washed, dried, folded and put away! I even cleared out a whole box full of stuff that we don't need. It felt great and was fun to go back through!!


All of Friday's work led to Jared going up in the attic on Saturday to organize all other things baby so that we can get to them according to timing (again, absolutely necessary to my preggo brain). I'm so happy my husband loves me and has lots of patience. We got the attic and whole garage organized, which made both of us very happy!!

No comments: