Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Food of Apple Hill


I know I shouldn't and I really shouldn't admit it, but I go to Apple Hill for the food. I'm really trying to not love food so much and love exercise more, but when it comes to Apple Hill, I just can't help it. And hey, there's lots of hills to walk around there, so it all balances out, right?! Anyways, back to the food!! I go for the fritters. They are the best at High Hill, although I'm beginning to believe that's only true because it's where I ate them with my grandparents and cousins as a kid. Then there are the carmel/fudge dipped apples, perfect! We split this one three ways. Thomas was all over it! But where it got really bad this year, was the apple desserts. Mom treated us to a treat, we figured one thing to split for the 6 of us. Oh no, that was not the case, after all a sweet tooth is genetic, we split three things between the 5 of us! (Thomas wanted to play more than eat, that he didn't get from me!!) We shared an Apple Turnover with caramel sauce, an Apple Dumpling and a Cherry Blossom. YUMMY!! It was a little much, more than just a taste of each, but oh so enjoyable!! And as you can see, we managed to polish them all off. Too bad I didn't take a picture before...
I can't wait to go back next year

1 comment:

Persicke Family said...

Who doesn't love the food at Apple Hill?? Your post is making me hungry!