Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Fun With Stuffed Friends Continues

Everything Thomas does lately seems to include a stuffed friend. Whether it's eating (as I showed the other day) or drinking someone is by his side. He is constantly sharing his drink with Tiger or Woggy, or making sure that I help him with this if he can not reach them. They watch TV with Thomas, they even play games with Thomas.
Yesturday, it went even further. We're watching cartoons and I smell something a little funny... T needed a diaper change. Before I could say anything about it, Thomas is trying to check in Mickey's shorts. Then, he announces to me, "Mickey poops!" I responded with a big what. Did my child really just check Mickey's shorts? Indeed he did!! He continued to check and announce that Mickey had poops. So, I asked if Mickey needed to be changed and Thomas too. This got a resounding, "yes!" Not the normal response by any means!! He usually does not have time for such things (gross, huh?!). So Thomas laid Mickey down right next to himself and wiped up Mickey in the same fashion that Mommy cleans him. (I'll spare you the details, I'm sure you've all changed a diaper before) But I will say, that he was very efficient. After we were done, I returned to the room to find Thomas "changing" the rest of his friends as they sat on the couch watching TV. I almost died laughing!! But wait, it gets better!! I was re-telling this story to my mother and Thomas apparently overheard. Shortly after I excused myself to use the restroom, only to find it was already occupied. Yep, I had to wait for Buzz Lightyear to finish!! I even have proof!!

I'm thinking I need to capitalize on this and start potty training. 21 months isn't too early, right?!

3 comments:

thomas'auntie said...

that's hilarious!! I just laughed out loud, it's amazing he didn't drop Buzz in the toilet! I say take advantage of it and see if he'll potty train now! :)

tommysmommy said...

i was shocked, too! he managed to balance buzz just right!

AML said...

very cute. jump on his new interest, girl.