Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I had a huge cut and off we went to the E.R. (thankful to have know where it was due to dad's many trips there while both Audra & I were in college.  We had even made jokes going through on the way South that we were glad to be going by it and not stopping!  ha!!).

A couple hours and 4 stiches later we were on our way to the Hampton for a short overnight stay.  On the road the next morning and home by 2:00.

I'm so thankful for family that took great care of Thomas & I and for the ones at home that happily kept Benjamin a little longer than planned.

Thomas was so excited to get home and share not only a chipmunk with his brother, but his pirate hat and a sword he had picked out and bought just for Benjamin.  Benjamin was thrilled!

Thomas had also picked out suckers for all 3 of them, which were meet with happy faces from all, especially Daddy!

This was such a fun trip!!  I was so happy to have my parents along for the fun. They made so many great memories with Thomas and had so much fun getting to see Disneyland through the eyes of their grandson.  They loved getting to see how the park had changed and remembering all the fun we had had as my sister and I were growing up.  It was great getting to share some of my new favorites, special little memories Jared and I had made over our years going there together.

This was also just a great time for Thomas and I.  We had several hours in the park just the two of us.  I got to just follow him around seeing what he really wanted to do, getting to encourage the little bit of his adventurous side, see that he really is pretty cautious, but loves to have fun.  I saw his sweetness as he picked out things for his brother and rode rides with me out of love! (he rode Little Mermaid with me, which he informed me was too girly!  I told him, in a house full of boys, I do boy things all the time, so every so often he has to do something a little girly with me.  That seemed to make sense to him and he was happy to go.  He even found he really liked it and it wasn't so girly after all!)  It was funny to see just how much he likes to shop, something he liked just as much as the rides.  We have some special memories that I hope he will always remember.  Although, I think unfortunately, it will always be the trip where mommy sliced her hand open!

No comments: