Monday, June 4, 2012

An Afternoon Full of Disney Fun!

After lunch we made our way over for a Riverboat Cruise.  Thomas loved all the animals and the story we heard as we traveled on the river.  He had all sorts of questions and it was so much fun to see him enjoy all the fun for the imagination that Disneyland has to offer.  Of course, after seeing the adventure awaiting us on Tom Sawyer Island, Thomas and I made our way over their for some exploring.

This was probably my favorite part of the two days.  Thomas dragged me through all the caves, bridges (which I hate!!), we found all the treasure, climbed up to the tree house and looked down every path and I loved every minute off it!!  It was fun to see all the boy in him come out.  He even managed to find some bugs on the island.  I can't wait to return there and see him and Benjamin explore it together.


After our fun exploring time, we found Grammy enjoying a bowl of ice cream which we were quick to join in on.  I found Thomas and I an ice cream sundae at the Golden Horseshoe, which was delicious.

After this we headed up through Tarzan's Treehouse, something Grammy had never seen and I hadn't ventured through since college.  As you can see Chip & Dale joined us and fun was had by all.

After that we headed back to Toontown, then Grammy made her way back to the hotel.  I figured Thomas and I wouldn't be too far behind because he was starting to fade pretty quickly.  I was bummed at the thought of our day ending so early, but after two rides on the tea cups and a yummy dinner, he was ready for more!!  I talked him into an easy ride and then we went straight back to the tea cups for two more rides.  He declared the tea cups his favorite part of Disneyland!!

Here we are enjoying Splash Mountain.  He was not looking forward to the ride at all.  He didn't want to go down the big slide or get wet, but he rode it with many anyways.  No, I didn't bribe him or make him go on it, just asked nicely and told him he really should try it.  He'll tell you he didn't like the slide part, but that he liked seeing all the animals sing and dance and hearing the story.  He did great on the dip, I think he even smiled a bit afterwards!

We stood in line for Dumbo (the longest ride all day - - about 20 minutes), which was his next favorite!  He liked talking about how he had ridden that ride with Timmy.

We ended the day with some Cotton Candy and he told me, in his sweet, happy & excited, slightly surprised voice, that he had gotten everything he wished for that day!  It made my heart so happy!

We then had a short walk back to the hotel, where I was glad to have Grammy & Papa waiting for us!

No comments: