Friday, June 18, 2010

Nursery Projects

I've worked on several projects for this little baby. All of which have taken awhile to actually complete. The theme of the room is "modern vintage" and all in brown and blue. Two projects are still waiting because the baby remains nameless, yes a name has not been decided upon yet. First is his name over the bed and second is this piece.

This is my attempt at being artsy!! I purchased several Golden Books to do a couple projects with. I bought some of our favorite Disney stories that were made to look like they would have been printed in the 50's or 60's, so they fit perfectly with the them. Anyhow, this project is a bunch of the words, all black and white and then on top of this I'll put his first initial covered in the pictures, so full of color! Hopefully it'll work out!

My favorite project is this quilt!! I am not a quilter!! I do not desire to be a quilter. I made one years ago and swore off it! I'm just not patient enough. For some reason when I found out I was pregnant, I decided to make it. With the help of my sister and a dear friend, both of whom are awesome quilters, it is complete! They both helped me avoid silly decisions, cut precisely and Jen sewed the binding on for me! I'm excited it's done and with how it turned out!

Here I am, ready to destroy an old project and make a new project. I decoupaged this shelf about 5 years ago and the colors wouldn't work in the nursery. Since I did not want to spend money on a new shelf, this one had to be re-done.

Here it is before!

And after!

I used a favorite page from each golden book and a couple of the story parts, mainly just the ones with color. I then covered the top of the shelf. Jared talked me out of doing the back of the shelf, like I had originally. You'd never see it, was his point. He's right, so I painted it!! I also gave the shelf a fresh coat of paint, the same paint we used on the wall.

1 comment:

AML said...

you go girl! love the projects! finding new life for existing pieces you have around the house is exciting. how did you come up with the idea of using the golden books? love that! now pick a name already!!!