Thursday, June 3, 2010

5 weeks and counting

Hey all! I'm sure you are all desperately missing stories from the Matlock Home, so I thought I'd say hello! Lots going on keeping us busy the last couple of weeks. Getting ready for baby, having our yard torn up and currently getting ready for my sister's baby shower which will be here at the house. On top of all of that I've had a nasty cold, making this time of the pregnancy all the more fun!!

Yesterday we had our second 3D ultrasound for the baby. First go around he was snuggled in and fast asleep. He ignored all attempts to wake him and would show us no love. He even turned his back on us and moved both hands in front of his face. Maybe he'll be a good sleeper... Well, yesterday started out looking like it would be the same. He was facing in a good direction, but he was asleep with one arm and one foot in front of his face (he's flexible too). However, after a walk and some water he moved his arm and foot to the side and gave us a great glimpse! He's got a sweet little nose, much like his brother's, big lips and the chubbiest cheeks! Our favorite part was at the end when Thomas came up to my belly and leaned in and said, "Hi Baby!" Baby responded with a smile, so sweet!! We have a picture of that one!!

We are still on the search for the perfect name. We have one kind-of picked out (which yes, we are keeping quiet for now), but not convinced it's the perfect name. We were hoping it would just come to us at the ultrasound, but nothing seemed to click. I'm determined to have one before we meet him, but maybe we'll wait for him to pick it out!

I'll be back soon with pictures. I'll even see if I can get some of the ultrasound ones in.

No comments: