Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Expanding the Play Area

For Thomas' birthday and as part of changes in the backyard, we are expanding the play area. I was at my parents this last weekend and so excited to drive past a garage sale with this great "clubhouse," as Thomas calls it. It was $20, I thought that was a great deal!

Thomas is loving it! We tried to get it in the back of my Pilot to bring it home, but it was a smidge too big. Grammy and Papa were kind enough to take it apart. Jared was thrilled : ) to see it wasn't in too many parts. We hauled it all into the backyard and went to town. Thomas was so excited to show Daddy what went where and to tell him all about it.

He pulled a screw out of the bag and snagged the screwdriver from Jared and informed us he was going to do that one. He tried his hardest. Doesn't he look so serious?!

"Surprise!"
He was so excited to pop out the windows and surprise me! He had a great time enjoying it for a couple of hours before the rain began again. As soon as it stopped the following day, he put his rain boots on and rain right out to his "clubhouse, just like Mickey has!" I see many fun days spent outside in our future!


1 comment:

Alexis said...

YAY! So much fun. And $20? That is a great deal. I can totally see Thomas and Baby Matlock hiding out in there doing boy stuff that Mommy can participate in. You have lots of fun memories ahead of you with that clubhouse, my friend.